2. Stencil a monogram. Place two matching shades on lamps that are similar in shape or color. These look especially nice flanking a bed for a boutique hotel look.
3. Fabric that co-ordinates with your room. Use spray adhesive to attach.
4. Shells. They could be treasures from a seaside vacation or picked up at a yard sale.
5. Buttons. Try all one color or use up the funky buttons floating around in the botton of your sewing basket.
6. Beads. Metallic beads add shine, while the soft colors of sea glass give a tranquil feel.
7. Sequins. Draw squiggly lines or write a name with glue then line up sequins for sparkle.
8. Lace. Lace hankies found at thrift stores or flea markets make a cottage style room cozy.
9. Silk scarves. Experiment with color and pattern.
10. Belts. Look in boxes at yard sales for belts with funky beading or metallic links.
Ok, I just can’t stop at ten…here’s ten more!
11. Jewelry. Mismatched crystal earrings or strands of costume rope pearls.
12. Men’s ties. Check out the thrift store for tons of men’s ties. Pick a main color like navy blue or a pattern like stripes.
14. Paint. Painting a shade a darker color will make a room feel cozier and create pools of light from the top and bottom of the shade.
15. Glitter. Double sided tape now comes in varying widths. Use it to make stripes on a cylinder shade.
16. Raffia, bamboo, or woven grass placemats . Nature’s own texture and pattern. Works best on cylinder or square shades.
17. Ribbon. Trim top and bottom of shade with a patterned or solid ribbon.
18. Mirrored Tiles.
20. Silk flower and leaves. Pick a single type of flower or leaf for a bold impact.